COVID-19 & Flu Vaccines
We are now scheduling online for Fall 2021 flu shots! Flu shot appointments are available for current patients and their families. We have a variety of flu clinic options: drive-through as well as in-office. When scheduling an appointment please read the directions thoroughly and please answer the questions for each person that will be receiving a vaccine. Please note that online scheduling is only available for the flu vaccine. If you would like to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine, please call the office at 802-879-6556.
To schedule for a flu shot, please click here
Essex Pediatrics has received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine from the Vermont Department of Health. We will update this page with vaccine related changes as needed.
We encourage all people to receive vaccination against COVID-19 when eligible to do so, especially now that other variants of the virus are becoming more prevalent. Currently, eligible people may get it from participating pharmacies or in our office (879-6556) during scheduled vaccine clinics. All available vaccines are effective, and we recommend accepting any vaccine offered in the most timely manner.
Quick Facts Regarding the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine at our office:
- This is a 2 dose series given approximately 3 weeks apart
- Please note that BOTH doses of the vaccine need to be the same product
- The Second appointment will be scheduled at the clinic
- Indicated for our patients ages 12+ and their caregivers who do not have a vaccine appointment elsewhere already
- Drive in & park format in Essex Pediatrics parking lot weather permitting, otherwise clinics will be held in the office
- Insurance will be billed for the administration but no charge to patients or their caregivers
Read the Important Information Below Before Scheduling:
- Read the Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- Complete and print the Prevaccination Checklist for COVID for each person receiving the vaccine
- Bring completed pre-vaccine questionnaires to the appointment
- Each person who receives a vaccine will be required to wait in their car for 15 minutes after the the vaccine has been administered
- Persons with a history of anaphylactic reactions to anything will be required to wait in the office for 30 minutes to be monitored
- Call 802-879-6556 if you have any illness symptoms or fever the day of your appointment
- Arrive on time to your appointment
- Upon arrival park in a reserved vaccine clinic parking spot (on the right side of the parking lot in front of our building), unless instructed otherwise when the appointment is confirmed
- For a drive-in and park clinic stay in your vehicle, Essex Pediatrics staff will greet you and guide you through the vaccination process
- If a second dose is being received, please bring the COVID vaccine card to the appointment