Financial and Legal Policies
Essex Pediatrics has adopted the following financial policies. If you have questions, please call our office. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care and service to you and regard your understanding of your financial responsibilities as an essential element of your child (ren)’s care.
Unless other arrangements have been made in advance by either you or your health coverage provider, full payment is due at the time of service.
We understand there are times when extenuating circumstances cause financial hardship. If this occurs, please call our Billing Manager to discuss a payment arrangement.
Here are some specifics related to our Financial Policy:
- Essex Pediatrics accepts cash, personal checks (in-state only), Visa, Master Card and Discover.
- There is a service charge of $20.00 for returned checks.
- There is a $7.00 fee for each bill sent after the initial statement.
- All fees from our collection agency for overdue account balances will be your responsibility.
- Any account sent to our collection agency for lack of payment may be dismissed from our practice.
- Inquiries regarding charges for procedures are the responsibility of the patient / parent.
- The expense for services provided is the responsibility of the parent escorting the child, regardless of existing legal arrangements. Except in limited circumstances, such as in the case of an emancipated minor, both parents are financially responsible for their child(ren)’s care.
- Refunds: Upon written request within 30 days, overpayments will be refunded to the responsible party.
We bill participating insurance companies for you. We ask that you pay your deductible and copayments at the time of service. A service fee of $10.00 will be charged if we do not receive your co-payment within 5 days of the visit. If we have not received payment from your insurance company within 45 days of the date of service, you will be expected to pay the balance in full.
You are required to notify our office if you have changes in your health plan or insurance carrier. If our office is not notified of insurance changes within 30 days of filing a claim, the account holder will be held responsible for the charge.
Claims denied by insurance companies will be billed to the responsible party.
We will bill your secondary insurance if we participate with that company.
There are a few insurance companies with whom we do not participate. For these companies, full payment from you is expected at the time of service. Your time of service receipt includes all information necessary for submitting claims to your insurance company.
Minor patients (under 18) cannot be seen without a parent or legal guardian unless there is written permission to do so. Exceptions to this are made for any patient who wishes to see the doctor without a parent for privacy reasons.
For special custody arrangements or changes to current custody, please provide appropriate documentation as we do not receive any information from the court. Thank you.
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
For an explanation of Essex Pediatrics HIPAA Privacy Practices, please see the Forms section of this website, titled, Essex Pediatrics Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices.
If you have questions, please call the Essex Pediatrics Billing Manager, Sue Rogers Low, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at 802-879-6556.